Stomach cramps, lansoprazole tablets, side effect hair fall, medicine should be continued ?

hi i am a 15 year old teenage boy and i was suffering from really bad stomach cramps . I went to hospital and the doctor gave me lansoprazole tablets 2 months ago. I have noticed one of the side effects from taking the tablets are hair loss . I am experiencing really bad hair loss my hair is coming out in clumps my hair was thick and now its thin and comes out when you touch it. What should i do? if i stop taking the tablets will my hair stop falling out and return to its normal thickness or stay like this and carry on falling out until their is nothing left?!
Asked On : Wed, 9 May 2012