Stomach cramps, gurgling, urge to have bowel movement. What could this be?

I have experienced this same situation several times. I will get severe cramping pain in my stomach . It will build up and get worse over a few minutes to the point it s almost unbearable and I begin sweating and lose concentration of everything I was doing. It gets worse and worse then all of a sudden I feel and hear a big gurgle in my stomach and the pain is released. It goes away and I feel shaky and weak. Usually within 10 minutes I experience the same thing come on once again. This usually happens 2-3 times and I will feel an urge to have a bowel movement but very rarely am able to the first couple of times the wave-like cramps happen. If I am able to have one, it is usually a normal one, yet the cramps will continue with the gurgle then relief until another wave comes on. This entire situation usually ends with a large diarrhea bowel movement and then I no longer have the pain and cramps but will feel weak and shaky still for some time afterward. What could this be? It is absolutely awful.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012