Stomach burning after stopping prednisone. Have hiatal hernia and GERD. Reason?

I have been on prednisone for almost a year for Hashimoto s Encephalopathy and just finally took my last dose last week. I am a 51yr. old female, 5 ft. about 200 pounds. I have a small hiatal hernia and GERD . I have been taking two 20mgs priloesec twice a day for that last 9 months and haven t had much heartburn and now since I stopped taking the prednisone I have been experiencing a burning sensation in my stomach after eating. I thought it odd that I would have this after stopping the prednisone. My doctor said to also take Zantac but it doesn t seem to help. Why would I suddenly have this burning (it doesn t usually burn in my chest) now that I ve stopped the prednisone. Can Prilosec stop working? Should I try something else?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  150 Awaiting Answer