Stomach bloating, string type substance in stool. Ultrasound, stool, blood test done. Reason?

I was in Egypt in Aug 2008. Starting in Feb 2012, my stomach bloated up like a balloon within 9 days. I am on my 4th dr. (GI/internest). Taking lots of tests. Ultrasound shows i have a non-alchololic fatty liver . Blood tests and stool sample results aren t in yet. But ever since i did the 1st stool sample, i noted things in the form of strings in my stools . I have been checking every day since (about a week now) and always these strings appear. Could this be something i caught when i was in Egypt - i did get sick with the diarrhea , vomiting , etc., while over there.
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012