Stomach and neck pain. Headache. Had shunt placed as a baby. Cause?

hi i have a vp shunt that was placed in me when i was a baby, shortly after birth. i am currently 21 years of age. i have not been seen for my shunt in years, although i have been trying to look up any and all information that i can for my shunt. i have had pains in my stomache and neck where the chord runs. i know that most likely is just the chord rubbing therefore that isn t much of a concern to me, however the pains that i have been getting on the right side of my head is what i do question. its giving me headaches if not a sharp pinching pain. i am curious as to what could be causing this? any and all information would be appreciated, thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012