Stitches under eyebrow, swelling, light redness in eye post a fall. Worrisome?

my son had to go to the er after he fell & hit his head & cut himself. Thit was on June 6th at night. He had to have 3 stiches just under his eyebrow. He still has some swelling there that he had before, & he swelling has not increased, but I see some light redness on his eye that I didn t see yesterday - should I be concerned? I just don t want to go to the er to wait 4 hours then be told everything is ok since the waiting is so hard on my son.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012