Stitches on finger, later hand was red, swollen and warm with pus. Remedy?

i just got stitches on the top of my ring finger a couple of days ago. yesterday my hand was in pain , it was red & swollen, it was warm or hot kinda say... this morning a small amount of pus came out ...very small amount... but i pushed the rest of it out relieved the swelling & pain ... but im afraid it w=may have been the start of an infection .. just wondering what i should do... the pus was white clear not thick followed by liquid-y blood
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013