Stitches near the thumb knuckle. Why can I not move my thumb? Is the sheath nicked?

I have a thumb knuckle sliced opened, in the fold. I did go to the hospital and received 3 stitches, The stitches where removed in 10 days as per ER Doctor. It has been three weeks and I cannot move my thumb in the downward position. It feels tight and still looks bruised and Im afraid of it popping open, Is this normal?, Do I require excercise on the thumb? The Doctor did check the tendon and only the sheath was nicked. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
you can contact physiotherapis forexercises