Stinging pains in the left hand when made a fist at side. No pain when put above the head. What could it be?

Hi, I have stinging pains in the top of my left hand , it feels like its all the vains. when i put my hands by my side and let the blood flow to them the pressure is high and if i bend my fingers to make a fist it is really painful (stinging) however if i put my hands above my head and do the same the pain isnt there. I have had this several times, usually after i have played a game of football or hard activity. Do you know what it is and what i can do to prevent it or if it is anything to be worried about?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013