Stinging pain while urination and ejaculation. Reddish penis tip. Not STD. Chances of cyst?

Went to the Doctor Yesterday to have them look at a possible UTI. However the tests came back negative. There is a stinging burning pain while urinating/ejaculation. It is rather severe pain. Was prescribed a pain killer. Waiting for it to kick in. There is only the pain, it is located in the head of the penis, no discharge, minor redness near the opening, sometimes tender to the touch at the head. No fever. Pain has been more than a week. I am in a monogamous relationship, not worried about STDs but those will come back Monday. Could it be a cyst? Like a pimple within the urethra? Just looking for ideas on what it may be, was hoping it would have gone away now.
Asked On : Mon, 13 May 2013