Stinging pain in left shoulder, first began during typhoid. Any permanent cure ?

Hello Doc, My mother is a 55 years old housewife. She is been complaining a stinging pain in her left shoulder from past 40 years . According to her it first started when she was 15 years old and recovered from severe typhoid . Even I have noticed it from past 20 years its a unbearable pain and I have seen her crying when this pain started and it last around 10-20 seconds max. Its so strong that she can t control it and scream loudly. It has no certain time to come sometime it did not come 2-3 years and some time so frequently week after week and it intensity is increasing with her age . But one good thing is that once it gone she feels absolutely fine. Please suggest me as I can t see her anymore in this torture situation. I have witnessed it from my childhood, She s been telling us that it first began when she was 15 years old and recovered from typhoid.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013