Stinging on left side of face in the temple area. Lasts for a few seconds. What could this be?

Greetings, For as long as I can remember, I (very occasionally) get episodes of intense stinging on the left side of my face, in the temple area. It s always the same small spot (right at the front of my left temple.) The stinging lasts for about 10 seconds, then goes away. The pain is extremely painful, enough for me to grab the sides of my face and fall to my knees. Do you have any idea what this could be? Thank you very very much. Daniel-Joseph Griffin p.s: I m a 18 y.o male, tall, thin bodied and no other known physical condition. Thanks again!
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013