Stinging in upper back, feeling of dampness on the right hip area. Are these two symptoms related?

I have had a stinging in my upper back from time to time. There is no pain or pressure no labor in breathing . Nothing except the stinging. I have begun to notice from time to time my right hip area feels damp like I sit in something but is not wet to the touch only feels like it is damp and nothing is there. Are these two things associated with each other? I have never heard of someone feeling like they had sit in water and nothing there before. Any solutions or causes?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would recommend you to get MRI of the hip joint and spine. So that it will be clear if there is any abnormality with the hip joint we will get that information and can plan accordingly. Also avoid lifting heavy weight and sitting on the floor. Also if there is any disc herniation then we can plan accordingly.