Stinging in the toe followed by black dot surrounded by a bubbly, itchy circle during swimming. What could it be?

i was swimming, and felt a sting in my toe . i then noticed a black dot, which i thought was marker. i rubbed it off and it was like rubbing off a blister . the next day i woke up and there was a circle around the dot, bubbly, and very itchy. it almost looks like poison ivy but i can t think of a time i was in the woods recently.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem
I am dr Gaurav patel ,dermatologist and will answer your query.
It look like insect bite most probably.
It will take a wk to healing the lesion.
You can apply antibiotic cream over the lesion.
For pain you can take analgesic medicine.
It is better to consult dermatologist for proper treatment plan.
I hope I answered your question.
Let me know if you have any further query.