Stinging and stuck up sensation in chest, discomfort, burp. What is it?

2 days ago I noticed that I had a feeling in my chest between my breasts as if I had to burp but the burp was stuck. Almost like I have a pills stuck feeling. I have been having discomfort from this and I am burping more often than usual. It does nit hurt to swallow fluids or food. I just always feel pressure like I have to burp or something is stuck?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can appear due to acid reflux disease, stomach inflammation or peptic ulcers. However it can be also a first symptom of esophageal cancer. That is why, its important to do not ignore such symptoms and have this condition ruled out.
That is why I suggest you to visit your doctor and have gastroscopy done. During this test Helicobacter Pylori infection will be checked which can also trigger such symptoms.

In a meanwhile please avoid coffee, fatty foods, fried foods, fruit juices, alcohol.

Hope this will help.