Stinging and pain in the eye after getting poked by a pencil. Need to get checked?

Hi, 4 weeks ago my daughter accidentally poked me in the eye with the top of her pencil, it's was agony and took ages before I could open it, alot more than normal and had a sore stinging sensation for about 2 -3 days afterwards when I blinked. Then the pain and stinging disappeared or about 2 or so weeks. Then I woke in the night as my daughter woke crying and I struggled to open my eye took about 6 blinks before it actually opened abit then opened more with each blink, now mostly through day it's fine unless I cry or am really tired then I get the sme stinging sensation and soreness when I blink. I also still struggle to open it in middle of ight if I wake up! The pain is right at the top of the eye towards the inside if my eye but at the top , about t finger width in from my nose right high upon top of socket as eye curve out of sight. Sore to press on aswell... I thought I'd have to go to opticians and can't afford so I've not been... Can you help as getting worried now!
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
dear user
it seems from the history that you had blunt injury to the eye. Though blunt injuries of degree are not danger still they can cause problems like damage to corneal epithelium or conjunctival epitehlium. so please do consult your ophthalmologist to find out the exact problem.