Still have some bilateral arm pain with numbness, neck/shoulder pain and tension headaches after C6-C7 ACDF. What to do ?

Hi, I am 5 weeks post C6-C7 acdf with bone spur removal. I did not have to wear a collar. I am still having some bilateral arm pain off and on, with numbness, and neck/ shoulder pain, and tension headaches. It is worse if I am more active during the day, with washing dishes or doing laundry. I do have hydrocodone for the pain along with cyclobenzaprine for a muscle relaxant . I do residential housekeeping for a living, (scrubbing floors on my hands and knees, deep cleaning,ect.). I am afraid the arm pain will not subside. Last week I had my 4 week post-op check up with my surgeon. He said I was right on track, and I didn t need to come and see him again, he doesn t feel I will need any physical therapy , because he doesn t feel it does anything that daily living movement can t do. No x-rays were taken, and he said I could possibly return to work at 8 weeks out, but I should probably wait the full 12 weeks, and I should beable to do my job. My question is, does the pain get better??? Is it always going to flare up with physical activity? Will I really beable to do my job without the excruciating arm pain that I had prior to the surgery? Honestly when my arms hurt that bad I just cry. I am just having alot of anxiety about this. AAA
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013