Stiffness, swelling, pain in knee after overworking in snow. Healing time?

I overdid exercise at the gym 5 weeks ago and this resulted in stiffnes and pain in my left knee , which was improving with gentle heat teatment. A week later, I overworked the knee in the snow and it swelled up. I began ice and rest and have been treating it with NSAIDS and painkillers. I finally got the swelling down after 10 days. It is now nearly 4 weeks since the second incident and i am using physio exercise. Now both knees BURN and it is difficult to walk any great distance. How long does such an injury take to heal? When can i get back to my normal routine? Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013