Stiffness in the leg, difficulty in walking after knee tear surgery. Had neck fusion in the past. Are these related?

im really concerned about my right leg , had a tear repaired in the knee last october but since then i can hardley walk and when i do its as if the leg stiffens up and my foot goes very cold but stops when i stop walking and its very painful , i have had problems for many years with spine ,had a neck fusion 3 years ago ,would this have anything to do with it Barbara
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I do not think that it is related to neck surgery. it is most probably a ligament surgery issue. it can be a lack of physiotherapy or a very tight ligament.I would suggest you to meet your operating surgeon and he will be able to give you answer about this thing. If you are not satisfied with his answer then you can get repeat MRI to see what exactly is happening with your knee.