Stiffness in Body, I am suffering Ankylosing Spondylitis

Last 10 years I am suffering from Ankylosing Spondylitis , please guide me
Asked On : Wed, 17 Aug 2011

ankylosing spondylitis is chronic inflammatory condition
rest is best and physiotherapy do well in it
better to consult spine surgeon
operation is the last option .
you can take analgesic tab as required

i hope i answered your question
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Ankylosing spondylitis is an autoimmune disease where the spine and large joints of the body get stiff. There is no cure. But you can get relief by pain killer medication, spinal braces. Swimming is the best exercise for this disease and causes great relief. Phenylbutazone is a good drug used in this disease. You need to eat healthy. Do regular exercise. Avoid lifting heavy weights. You may be at risk of eye problems for which you need to also consult Ophthalmologist if you get blurry vision and eye pain. Consult your Rheumatologist for proper management of your condition.