Stiffness and pain on the knuckle with a lump. Diabetic on metformin and cancer survivor. Had high uric acid levels

I am a 65 year old woman with a lump on my index knuckle. it just came on over night. i woke up with stiffness and if the knuckle was even slightly touched it was painful. the next day the pain subsided, but the nodule is still there. it appears to be under the skin, pea sized and not movable. in september 2012 my uric acid was at 7.5 and 6.8 the previous year. i am a diabetic on metformin and a previous cancer survivor. can you give me any help. thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013