Stiffness and discomfort in right shoulder and neck. What to do ?

About a week ago I noticed a stiffness and discomfort in my right shoulder and righ side of neck, depending how i position myself the pain/discomfort goes down to my right elbow. I am able to do most activities, however sitting or standing causes me much discomfort. This has happened in the past and typically goes away. However, as I grow older the pain/discomfort stays longer. A little over a year ago I went to the doctor and they had me do PT - this helped, but I think it may have ran its corse as well - they never figured out the cause - stating that I may have a pinched nerve or I may have strained something (never did MRI or xray) - I have since switched insurances and haven't chosen a new doctor and I want to get some options before choosing one (I have an HMO and am researching the doctors in network now b/c I want to find a good one to stay with for a while)... any suggestions on what to do? So far I've been sitting/standing in ways to eliveate the pain/discomfort and taking ibeprofin when it gets bad
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013