Stiff neck, tenderness from base of skull to top of head, headache. Neck tremor has disappeared. Reason for symptoms?

I was diagnosed with a neck tremor many years ago and told it was inherited from my mother as she used to suffer from it. However, over the last couple of years my neck has gradually stiffened and feels quite tender from the base of my skull up to the top of my head and I seem to have constant headaches , not really severe, but always there. Its difficult to turn my head from side to side or down. Funnily enough my neck tremor seems to have all but disappeared, its being treated with propranolol . Why am I getting stiff painful neck and headaches?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012