Sticky yellow discharge after abortion. Did not pass blood clots

I had an abortion 3 weeks ago yesterday and stopped bleeding rather soon. Which I was concerned about as when I went for a check up the can showed I still had normal blood clots Inside. Whi h i neve passed what happened to them? Then 2 days later the bleeding stopped and turned to light brown discharge/blood now I have sticky yellow discharge which I can feel gush out of me occasionally like Ive wet myself. R
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Infertility Specialist 's  Response

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

The bleeding you experienced for 2 days after scan for clots could be clots. I suggest you request your doctor to send the yellow fluid for examination to rule any post abortal sepsis ( infection). Please ask for antibiotic prescription accordingly.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.