Sternum pressure that worsens on standing or sitting and breathing, raw feeling in throat. Remedy?

I am experiencing sternum pressure and discomfort and also a raw feeling in lower throat . This pressure hurts worse when standing and sitting and bending over at the waist , but relief when laying down. It started last night when asleep and woke me up at 2:30 in the morning. I had some relief when I woke up this morning but has gotten worse throughout the day. It hurts worse when I breathe in and out.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013