Stent placed in thigh, swollen, red, leg pain

My husband had a stent placed in his thigh and a clean out on his lower leg. It was done 5 days ago. He had very severe pain in the lower leg for 3 days and the last 2 days he still has pain and walks with a limp . The spot now looks a bit swollen and red. He saw the doctor yesterday but the spot wasn t red at that time. The doctor didn t say anything one way or the other about his pain. It is the weekend and the doctor is not in.
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012
The stent in the thigh associated with swelling and pain is likely to be due to an infection in the area. This needs a direct examination for diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,