Stent fitted, artery blockage. Taking indapamine, simvastatin, aspirin. How to counter obestity?

i am 71, taking bisoprplol 5mg,indapamide 2.5mg,simvastatin 40mg,and aspirin 75 mgfor past two year since having a stent fitted (one artery dicovered 70% occlusion )Never had heart problems or pain,always been fit,and active. I have put on 30pounds and becoming obese ,making it harder to do exercise,becoming more tired and stiff consequently putting on more weight.Tried strict dieting to no avail.My GP tells me medication cannot be changed,getting desperate!! Any advice?
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012