Steel operation for broken hand, infected. What should be done?

sir my my father hand has been broken above the elbow before three months and went under steel operation but it has not joint he is under treatment of s..mttal from new delhi.he told that no one can operate this again within 2-3 months of time and it is got infected so,it has not what should i do???
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I do not agree that no one can operate it again. I want to see his x ray to advise any thing further. If there is infection then it needs to be treated with debridement, plate removal and antibiotics according to culture sensitivity,After infection is treated then we can plan surgery for fracture.
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Divakara's  Response

If it has got infected then the steel implant has to be removed , treated with Strong Antibiotics , get the infection under control and then re-operate.