Steaming nose, sore throat and back ache. Prescribed Doxycycilin. Is it safe?

my nose was streaming last Wednesday, and then it cleared up and didn t develop into anything else, and then last night Monday night - my throat got sore, and this afternoon Tuesday - my voice began to croak , my chest felt sore and my back ached in between my shoulder blades. I haven t got a temperature, and I don t cough much, but when I do the Phlegm is green. The Doctor prescribed Doxycyclin as he sounded my lungs and said there was a slight rasping there. I read the contraindications of the drug, and am a bit nervous about taking it. I would like your advice please. t
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012