hello and welcome to HCM,
I have understood your concern regarding a piece of steak stuck in your throat.
It seems likely that the piece would have injured your throat while you were swallowing and that is why you are getting the feeling when you drink water.
In most of the times the piece would have been swallowed but while swallowing it would have injured the throat and make you feel that something is still stuck there.
You may start a bland diet consisting of plenty of fluids and may be milk to reduce the irritation. You may also start an antibiotic like amox-clav after food for five days along with pantoprazole
before food for two weeks in addition to any routine pain killer. Your general practitioner will know about these.
Avoid spicy, oily and hot food and also do not take alcohol at least for a week or so
If your symptoms persists then you may need to perform an upper GI endoscopy
to be more clear and sure of your problem
take care and get well soon
Dr Sriram Nathan