State table tennis champion, lost a game due to pressure and tension, shows no interest now. How to resolve this issue ?

My daughter is playing a table tennis since she was 6 years old. She was state champion for 2-3 years. But from last year she lose to the player who are not upto her standard in tournament as she could not take the pressure and tension during the match. But in practice she beat even the boy champion players of her age. She is now 14 years old and also good in education. Please guide me how the problem of my daughter can be resolved and to whom I shall consult. AAAAA
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your problem description. Sincerely, the problem your daughter is facing is not much of problem at all. The repeated failure syndrome (simply apprehension) can easily be cured if she wins another match played with an equal ranked player.

But your daughter should play again for that. Counseling should do a lot of good to her. She is just 14, and there is, of course, adolescence mind frame.

Please consult a psychological counselor.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Namala Bharadwaj's  Response
Oct 2013
hello dear
thanks for your query at HCM
i understand your concern regarding daughter
these issues can be due to performance anxiety , consult psychiatrist
there are several methods and drugs available to treat but these all depends on condition of the patient
consult psychiatrist on examination he can guide you in treatment.