Started with birth control. Should the sugar pills be taken or start with new pills?

i am going on vacation with my husband on July 17th. I just started my birth control on the first day of my period on June 19th. I am not sure which of these is better for me to try and avoid getting my period on our week vacation. 1. to not take the sugar pills and just start a new pack of pills to try and prolong when my period comes (but this is just my first month of the pill)... or... 2. will my period just come a week early when my sugar pills start on July 10th? thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012