Started vomiting, bleeding nose, pain in belly button, feeling weak and not able to stand. Concerned

My 4 year old daughter has been vomiting for 6 days, she complains abou extreme pain in her belly button and recently nose bleeds . I took her to her pediatrician and was told to go home it was nothing to worry about. She is weak and unable to stand or sit up. Concerned mother! Please help, should I take her to the hospital?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Vomiting and/or diarrhoea in children is commonly related to gastroenteritis which can be due to viral or bacterial infection.

Children are at risk of dehydration with gastroenteritis if they are not given enough fluids to replace what they are losing.

Weakness can be due either to the infection or fluid loss. If you are not comfortable, it would be best to take her for another assessment.

I hope this helps