Started spotting after menopause. Pap smear, dilation and curettage and uterine biopsies normal. What could this be?

I am 55 years old and do not get periods anymore but I have occasional spotting for a couple of days a month. Its not much but it appears in connection with like a clear discharge , not like period bleeding . It is never heavy enough to wear a pad. I usually only see it on the toilet paper. My doctor has performed a pap smear , D&C and uterine biopsies and found nothing yet everything I read says that no bleeding after menopause is normal. What could this be?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012