Started red rice extract, severe pain on top of left arm from elbow to wrist. Is it due to the extract ?

I started red rice extract, 833mg in June of 2012. I have now noticed I have severe pain on the top of my left arm from my elbow to my wrist , it is not joint but in the muscle part of my arm. My son who is a pharmacist expressed that it is from the red yeast extract. I am taking it to lower my cholesterol but am fearing that it is causing the pain. I also take Co-CQ10, fish oil and a prescription losartin potassium 50mg 1 time daily for blood pressure. Do I need to be concerned with the red yeast extract?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013