Started periods, there is no colour discharge, congested and spotty skin. Will it be normal?

My eleven year old has started her periods and they seem to come too early. sometimes 16 days or 22. The bleeding is mostly brown and maybe for a couple of days red. There does not seem to be many days where there is no colour discharge . She is very active and her skin quite spotty and congested.Will all this settle down?
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012
Hello mam, I understand your anxiety but it is a very common pattern at the start of menstruation. It will settle down with time after her cycles become ovulatory.
But in case she bleeds excessively or the cycles become very frequent then she should be taken to a gynecologist for investigations and further management.
Wish her the best of health. Take care.