Started period, brown with clot. Why does it happen even after sex? Cause?

I started my period about 2 weeks early.(took my bc a day late week 2 of the pack) It was brown and and clotty for 5 days. Day six there was nothing. Day 7 I had brown discharge with very tiny dark clots. Again during sex but clear with clots. No fever or cramping. Now its day 8 and I am still showing small clots but no bleeding what could cause this?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
In my opinion do your urine pregnancy test which if negative get a pelvic ultrasonography and b HCG testing because it can be an early pregnancy or worse ectopic tubal pregnancy. if everything is fine wait for your period to come. In case this pattern of bleeding persists or it doesnt come only then visit your gynecologist
In case you have further questions you can consult me on health care magic forum and i will be happy to help
Take care and wish you all the best.
Dr Manisha Jain