Started period. Why frequent urination? What can reduce blood flow?

My daughter is 11 years old and started her periods about 5 months ago. They are now coming every 3,4, or 5 weeks but are very very heavy and she has just started high school, so is going through a tough time. She has started to use tampons and towels at the same time but still has to go to the toilet every hour at school, which she is finding extremely embarrassing. Is there anything safe which she can take to reduce the blood flow a bit, bearing in mind she is asthmatic and cannot take N.S.A.I.D s. Would be grateful for your advice.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012