Started on and off brown spotting and bright red bleeding. Transvaginal ultrasound done. Looking for suggestion?

According to my LMP I should be 6 weeks today. I have had some brown spotting on and off for 3 days and bright red bleeding yesterday. I went to my obgyn today and had a trans vaginal ultrasound that showed endometrial wall thickening but no sac. I had hcg levels drawn and will have more done Wednesday. Is it possible that I am not as far along as I think? I think I ovulated late last month.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012