Started microgynon. Why am I bleeding continuously and heavily? Emergency?

Hello, I started microgynon 30, 20 days ago (when I had the first day of my period) and I had a normal period, and have continued to bleed since. I had my second baby in January and had been on the same pill before my first, with no irregular bleeding ect, so just a bit concerned, I wanted to go back on the pill to help with my period paind and heavy bleeding, but it seems that it has somehow backfired and I am continually bleeding, please can you tell me if this is something I need to see my gp about?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012