Started heavy periods after removing nuvaring. Missing periods. Feeling cramping and fatigue. Is it normal?

I removed my Nuvaring 5 weeks ago and had a very heavy, chunky period since I was using the Nuvaring to skip my monthly periods. However, I was only on the Nuvaring for 8 weeks. Today is day 30 so I m 2 days late for my period. I ve been reading all the previous posts on this site, and I do have the same side affects- sensitive nipples, cramping and fatigue . The posts are very dated however, from 2008-2010 so my question is, with these posts being so dated, could Nuvaring have changed some things in their contraceptive with the complaints the consumers have had? I just don t want to freak myself out thinking I may be pregnant when all these other women have had the same side effects. If it is normal, how many days should I wait before I consult with my doctor about my missed period? Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012