Started heavy black discharge after taking abortion pill. No fever, no abdominal pain. Should I be concerned?

my wife took mtp kit based on doctors prescription for unwanted pregnancy on dec 13. Initially for 3-4 days it was a heavy bleeding and also some tissues/clot came out and after that bleeding was lighter and still it is lighter and it is not stopped. it is nearing 2nd week on 25 dec. and since 3 days black discharge is going on and it doesnot smell, no fever or pain in abdomen , however she is complaining about lower back pain and knee pain at joints only . Is this black discharge is a concern ? and what is next for her ? do we need to go for ultrasound or d&c to check the tissues or it is normal? pls advise. thanks
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012