Started giving up smoking, mild panic attacks in chest, breathless. Possible cause?

i am starting to give up smoking , but I am having mild panic attacks in my chest .i.e. my chest feels all twittery and I get breathless .I know why I am breathless as I am panicing over stopping.When I am incrossed in something it does not happen, but as soon as I stop working I feel odd.I get a paper bag to help with my breathing (which helps).I sleep fine , but my appite has increased.Is this breathlessness the results in cutting dowmn.I used to smoke 20 a day and now after 1 day are down to 2 cigs.Help I am scared
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013