Started birth control on the first day of period. Package says will be protected after a week. Reliable?

Hello, I forgot to ask the doctor. but I am just starting birthcontrol for the first time in my life (Minesse) and i started it the day I woke up and had my period, so it has been 4 days now. the package said after 7 days I will be protected. Is this reliable? So if after 7 days I have sex and he doesn t pull out, is there need to worry? thanks
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Hi, thank you for asking Healthcare Magic.
You probably did not get it right. These pills are suppose to be taken everyday beginning from the first day of menses without interruption. But if you were on a different birth control method (e.g Norplant, or injectable forms) or you just put to birth, it would be advisable to take the pills in association with another method of birth control (like condom, spermicides, etc) within the first 7 days. With regards to your own case, you just have to be taking your pills on a daily basis. You do not need to worry about the first 7 days.

I hope that answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. We will be delighted to answer more questions from you.
I wish you good health