Started birth control, bleeding dark brown blood, cramps. Is it withdrawal bleed ?

Hi, I started birth control about 2 months ago and I m on the beginning of the third month. I am now starting to bleed dark brown/red blood for about a little over a week and having cramps here and there. I haven t taken the white pills on my birth control yet so I am wondering if this is a period or I m just bleeding old withdrawal blood. How long should it last and should I talk to my doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern from the history given here I could say that this is not the withdrawal blood but this could be retained blood, taking hormone medicine always the disturb the hormone cycle the could cause irregular menses, this is nothing to worry stop the pill if this is not that much needed, hope this information helps you, have nice day.