Started a new pack of birth control, does not know when periods cycle will start. Cause of worry?

my dog recently chewed up a pack of my birth control and I didn t know where I had left off on my last pack so I just started a new pack , but the bad thing about that is I don t know when my last period was or when my next one should be because I always just go by my birth control pack. I want to know how much longer I should wait until I take a pregnancy test
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Hi, Thanks for using HCm.

As you have started new pack, its difficult to predict your periods and you need to use other methods of contraception like barrier method.

Birth control pill contains hormones, It should be taken according to the day of cycle, as each tablet contains different dose of hormone,like a normal hormonal variation in a cycle. As you lost a pack, you should have taken tablet according to day of your cycle in a new pack, not from beginning.
Your period may start with in a month or by end of your new pack. If delays beyond this need to get urine pregnancy test done.

Hope this helps you.