Started Utovlan to stop spotting, scheduled for colposcopy. How long should I take them?

I started Utovlan to stop spotting on 28 Nov (my last period was 12 Nov - heavy bleed for 2 days then this constant spotting ever since) Doctor has now done a smear/swabs to investigate constant bleeding ( I have a copper coil but my periods had settled back into a routine - last 2 months though irregular and spotting constantly). I have now been referred for colposcopy next Monday. If I stop the pills now I am worried that I may be still bleeding on Monday and be unable to have this exam? How long can I stay on Utovlan for and what stage of my original cycle should I come off them? I am wondering if its OK to stay on them through the Christmas and New Year and start afresh in January? This means I will have been on them for 5 weeks? What is the best course of action please? Many thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  36 Awaiting Answer