Stapler hemorrhoidectomy done. Using laxative. Pain in anus on putting pressure, taking time to heal. Solution?

I recently had stapler hemorrhoidectomy on 19/2/2013. Before the surgery I used to have regular soft stools in the morning with no pressure on anus while evacuation. Only problem was it use to take time to empty the bowel. Whenever I used to take laxative in fact it used to put pressure on my anus. After the surgery my doc has asked me to take laxative. However its almost 8 days and pain continues. I have to pass stools 3 -5 times a day and every time it puts pressure on my anus. I think it is because of the laxative that I am taking and because of that it is taking time to heal. Am I right? What is the solution?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013