Staph infection on bottom, ecoli on top of toe. Advised epsom salt bath. Painful. Solution?

Hi. My Dad has returned from a podiatrist who hacked into his foot . His cultures came back with staph infection on the bottom and e coli on the top of the big toe . He s in a huge amount of pain, and she told him to take an Epson salt bath for 20 minutes 2x a day. He tried and couldn t get through 10 minutes without his body shaking from the pain. Is there anything else I can do to help? She initially gave him some oxicodone but he is afraid of getting addicted and she only prescribed 3 to begin with.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013