Staph infection, basil cells on face, forehead and temple. Scheduled surgery for removal. Precautions?

I was scheduled for surgery to have 5 basil cells removed from my nose , forehead and temple. I somehow contracted staph infection in the lessions and surgery was postponed for 2 weeks to make sure the infection was cleared up. It looks great and I m scheduled for surgery next Wednesday. However, even some of the basil cells seem to be gone. My question it possible that the staph infection destroyed the basil cell or are they just dormant?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013